10.31.2012

I lived my life so I could be right here...

It is about midnight - and we just switched over to Halloween.

Spent tonight carving pumpkins with the kids and doing other kid stuff. The house is a WRECK.

I mean I'm looking at a plastic Samurai sword and watercolor painting messes on Amanda's desk. The kitchen has 4 full bowls of pumpkin guts and barbeque pulled pork dishes in the sink. The couch has Halloween costumes and several changes of kids clothes and there are books and toys and shoes and sparkling flip flops EVERYWHERE.

This is what I came here to earth to experience. This is what I want to do with my life right now. If this is as good as it ever gets, I will die a happy man.

Some of my highlights from tonight:
  • Watching Sadie light up when she sees the candle flickering in her spider pumpkin: Amazing!
  • Presley getting so excited she is belly flopping from the ottoman to the coach and back screaming "Cannonball": Nothing better.
  • Trey seeks out his own design and carefully executes with little to no assistance and pulls of an awesome Zombie Pumpkin at only age 9: I couldn't be prouder!
  • Jayda questions her own resolve and interest level, but powers through with some help from Uncle Mark: She is my angel.
  • Chloe losing focus and accomplishes almost nothing because she can't stop watching what everyone else is doing even though her "Werewolf" pumpkin is by far the most complex and she will not be dissuaded from that design, so we all wind up doing everything for her: I would not have it any other way.
  • Amanda cheerfully helping, serving, organizing, encouraging, loving and producing the whole event: Thank you for letting me be a part!
I'm so blessed - so thankful. I don't know if it could get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment